Coco Chanel had once said ‘A woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life’. That paved the way for short hairstyles, which is a fashion statement today.
Thick locks are the natural jewel, which look much sharper than longer hair style. From short and asymmetrical to spiky crops, bob and puff hair – the number of options in Indian short hairstyles are far too many. And they are catching up fast in office corridors, party circles and celeb circuit. That’s because they not only define your face in a perfect manner, but even add spice to your facial structure.
IDEAS FOR INDIAN SHORT HAIRSTYLES
So get ready to be inspired by ideas on Short hairstyles for thick hair as I take you through short hairstyles for thick wavy hair, short hairstyles for thick curly hair, short hairstyles for thick black hair and short haircuts for thick blonde hair. Oops, this was a long list!
Evolution Of Short Thick Hairstyle
Ever thought how short thick hairstyles started? Let’s go back in time to find what fuelled the trend of keeping the hair short.
Audrey Hepburn’s ‘beehive’ (hair piled on top of head) is among the most iconic hairstyles in history hairstyle which she wore in Breakfast At Tiffany’s.
Then happened the ‘bob’ hairstyle which took birth in America during the Great War. Irene Castle, a famous ballroom dancer, came with a blunt bob hair cut in year 1915 – an event that came to be known as “The Castle Bob”.
Snapshots Of Short Hairstyles For Thick Hair
Catch the super trendy best short hairstyles for thick hair that you can go for:
1. The Pixie Pop
It was Audrey Hepburn who made the Pixie popular in the 1960’s. Thereafter, actresses such as Emma Watson, Halle Berry and Anne Hathaway went ahead and sported the texturized Pixie looks. This kind of hairstyles for thick hair is perfect for ladies having long narrow face and heart-shaped square face.
How To Get The Pixie Pop:
- Once you have blow-dried your hair, smoothen out the hair using a flat brush.
- Style the bangs forward so as to give an impression of length.
2. The Asymmetrical Advantage
Give the look of wind-swept and blunt-ended asymmetric styles in short hair. Yet another hairstyles for thick hair the asymmetric hair style for medium-thick hair strands can be given enough layers to add to their volume and texture. The side-parted bangs further enhance the appeal.
How To Get The Asymmetrical Look:
- Wet your hair first and then apply mousse to the hair roots.
- Blow-dry your hair till the hair have gone dry.
- Put a serum at the hair ends to get the desired effect
3. The Bob Cut
Stack up your hair on the back and create a heavy side fringe in the front hiding the ears for a truly arrived Bob hairstyle.
How To Get The Bob Effect:
- After washing your hair, pair them to the side you wish to have.
- Follow it up by blowing dry your hair.
- Alternatively, you can use a flat iron or a curling iron to flip few strands of hair around your face.
4. Curly Adventure
It’s nice to be blessed with natural curly hair, as it makes short hairstyles for thick curly hair look neat and graceful. All it needs you is to combine volume to get short curls rolling down your cheeks.
How To Get Short Curly Hair:
- Use flat paddle brush to blow dry your hair.
- Then use 1-inch iron to curl your hair by taking small hair strands at a time.
- Get the finishing edge by using a light holding hairspray.
Now get the damsel in you to start experimenting with short hairstyles for thick hair and go enhancing your face structure and looks. Don’t forget to write in your views and comments.