Wearing bright eye shadows like pink, corals and reds may not suit us all the time. Choosing the right eye makeup and wearing something soft will definitely offer you a captivating look. Here we bring you an elegant blue eye makeup that enhances the depth of your eyes. Give your eyes the most exceptional and a sexy look. This blue eyes makeup can be perfectly chosen for weddings and evening parties.
Let’s begin the tutorial!
Step 1: Conceal And Apply Eyeshadow
Apply an eye cream to hydrate your eye area. This will help in keeping control of drier patches which can arise after concealer application. Then, take a full coverage concealer and conceal dark circles to create a flawless base. Set the concealer with a compact powder to prevent creasing of the product.
For the eye makeup, take a matte medium brown eyeshadow to act as a transition color for your crease area and start defining your crease area. The crease area of the eyes can be easily located by keeping the eyes open and notice the place where your eye folds and sits into the socket. This step will add dimension and bring out your crease area to give an illusion of deeper set eyes. Here, I have used the Elf Day on the Beach eyeshadow palette for the matte medium brown eyeshadow.
Step 2: Apply Black Kajal
Take a creamy black eye kajal and apply it in the inner and the outer most corners of your eyes. Connect the two corners with a line using the same kajal as shown in the image. This step needn’t be neat as we will be smudging the kajal later. It is best to choose a nice creamy formula as it will help in easy blending of the product. Here, I have used the Lotus Herbals kajal of black shade.
Step 3: Create Diffused Eye Look By Blending The Kajal
Blending is the key to any makeup style. Use a slightly bigger blending brush and buff out all the sharp edges created by kajal application. Create short circular strokes and gently blend the edges for a diffused natural look of the eyes. Here, I have used Oriflame blending brush. Remember to leave the center of the eye lid area bare.
Step 4: Apply Eyeshadow All Over The Eyelid Area
Wet a flat eyeshadow brush and pick a dark blue eyeshadow in metallic finish. Pat it gently in a patting motion all over your eye lid area. Here, I have used the Coastal Scents eyeshadow in rainstorm. Now take a matte medium brown eyeshadow and start defining your crease area again. Remember to soften the edges of the dark blue eyeshadow with the matte brown eyeshadow and create a seamless even finish.
Step 5: Brighten And Create An Illusion Of Bigger Eyes
Apply a matte black eyeshadow to the outermost corner of the eyes. This will add more dimension to the eye makeup and it will look sultry. Softly push it in the outer v and outer corner of the eye. Use a fluffy brush to blend the edges with the brown and dark blue eyeshadows. Now, apply a shimmery champagne or a silver eyeshadow to the tear duct area of your eyes to brighten your eyes and create an illusion of bigger eyes. Here, I have used the Revlon Shadow Links Eyeshadow in Sand. Then, apply the same dark blue metallic eyeshadow to the lower lash line to balance the eye makeup.
Step 6: Complete The Blue Eyes Look
If blending has removed the intensity of the metallic dark blue eyeshadow applied earlier, you can go ahead and reapply it again. Then, apply a shimmery pale highlighter eyeshadow to the brow bone area of your eyes. Curl your eyelashes and apply mascara to define your eye lashes for a thicker lash effect. Here, I have used the Loreal Million Lashes Mascara. Finally, apply a black kajal pencil to your waterline and also tightline your eyes to complete the eye makeup.
And you are done!
Tips To Remember:
- Never try to match blue shadow with your clothing because too much of blue spoils the show.
- Keep palettes simple like how I have limited the shadow colours to two because you really cannot afford to let the colour wear over you.
- Make sure that you use more of matte blues over the glitter and shiny blues. Glitter blues need a lot of precision and it does not really go much with everything.
- Mixing bright blue with hues like nude, taupe, gray, black or navy shade will make a much better combination.
- Blend the softer darker blue colours close to the lash line and give a wash of blue blended into the dark color. The look is said to be very chic!
- For metallic looks, you can add some metallic hues to your under brow bone area and cover the entire lid with the silvery blue.For this, you will not need the dark blue colour then.
- Avoid going for dark lip colours as it will ruin all the hard work done to get a worthwhile blue color for the eyes. Instead stick to light nude colors.
Check out the tutorial below for bluer eye shadow makeup.
Isn’t it easy to get this dramatic and elegant blue eyed makeup look? Sport it for an upcoming party and let us know your feedback in the comments section.